Thursday, February 07, 2008
Chinese New Year 2008
Hmm.. Chinese New Year is here.. finally and I am not on call today, which is great. Only if I am not stationed in the ward.. that would be excellent right? Anyways.. life is great so far..
Partly because I have such a great bunch of people to work with-I am glad I am still in good relationship with some of them-namely those that I need to watch out for signs and symptoms of cheating/making use of other's genuine gesture to help etc. I am glad I have many friends who are so helpful and so nice-namely Omar, Ridzuan and Azlan-the great trio.
Its too overwhelming right now.. cant believe there are still Malaysians who are so helpful and not calculative. Azlan would let me sleep peacefully.. (I am taking advantage of his kindness in a way-I feel bad now :-/) He would help me whenever he could although he is so tired.. I am touched by his thoughtful gestures. He can be quite a gentleman.. reminds me of KJ..
Other than that.. I have nice MOs who would teach and not too strict on ward rounds. They are quite sensible in a way-they do know that we are busy and we would do the evening rounds early if we can afford to. Otherwise, we have to prioritize our work and do those that need to be done first. Dr Wong in particular is so funny by nature. Once he advised a patient to have a BTL done-and the patient was worried that she will not be able to perform heavy duty job.. and he said.. "oh.. tidak apa, lepas tiga hari operation boleh angkat berat sudah..." Another patient... he was asking her if she has passed wind.. and she said she has opened her bowel... and his reply was.. "Eh.. kalau berak bukan kamu kentut sekali ka..." I couldnt help myself but laughed my heart out. He's my neighbour!
Oh yea.. I induced another favourable cervix and she developed hyperstimulation. The weird part, her os is still 1 cm despite the fact that her contraction is probably 5-6 in 10 mins. Madness. I thought I learnt from my lesson.. but NO.. sigh
Thats about it. I am doing Labour Room call tomorrow so wish me luck. Will definitely bring my CTG book with me to read-to kill time.. haha.. DUH! Till next time...
Partly because I have such a great bunch of people to work with-I am glad I am still in good relationship with some of them-namely those that I need to watch out for signs and symptoms of cheating/making use of other's genuine gesture to help etc. I am glad I have many friends who are so helpful and so nice-namely Omar, Ridzuan and Azlan-the great trio.
Its too overwhelming right now.. cant believe there are still Malaysians who are so helpful and not calculative. Azlan would let me sleep peacefully.. (I am taking advantage of his kindness in a way-I feel bad now :-/) He would help me whenever he could although he is so tired.. I am touched by his thoughtful gestures. He can be quite a gentleman.. reminds me of KJ..
Other than that.. I have nice MOs who would teach and not too strict on ward rounds. They are quite sensible in a way-they do know that we are busy and we would do the evening rounds early if we can afford to. Otherwise, we have to prioritize our work and do those that need to be done first. Dr Wong in particular is so funny by nature. Once he advised a patient to have a BTL done-and the patient was worried that she will not be able to perform heavy duty job.. and he said.. "oh.. tidak apa, lepas tiga hari operation boleh angkat berat sudah..." Another patient... he was asking her if she has passed wind.. and she said she has opened her bowel... and his reply was.. "Eh.. kalau berak bukan kamu kentut sekali ka..." I couldnt help myself but laughed my heart out. He's my neighbour!
Oh yea.. I induced another favourable cervix and she developed hyperstimulation. The weird part, her os is still 1 cm despite the fact that her contraction is probably 5-6 in 10 mins. Madness. I thought I learnt from my lesson.. but NO.. sigh
Thats about it. I am doing Labour Room call tomorrow so wish me luck. Will definitely bring my CTG book with me to read-to kill time.. haha.. DUH! Till next time...
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment