Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another weekend off

Hmm.. I supposed this would be my last weekend off for the month and also for next month. You never know. At least, we are not doing EOD call now.. Phew..

What a week though.. I was stationed in the clinic with Peng this week.. On call was tough, as usual, Dr. Chin was mean to me! She made me stay with two patients-the first was to hold the CTG monitor and the second one was to do VE-until the os is fully dilated. I supposed she had her point, but whatever. She was throwing mean remarks.. telling me how I should attend CTG teaching! I wish I could ask her back all those endocrinology tests and see if she knows how to do any of them!

Thats that.. clinic was ok-I learnt how to manage quite a good bit of gynae cases, scan fibroids, saw patients with molar pregnancy-Dr. Lavitha, Dr. Teh, Dr. Sakinah and Dr. Azuan was nice to me.. at least, they are patient enough to teach me as they know I have no knowledge in gynae cases!

Second on call with Chan was great.. nothing much going on.. patient in total was about 10 from 9pm to 6am the following day. I have been helping those on the ward to do discharges, did rounds in Rooming in-checking blood pressure..

There was this mother who refused admission despite the fact that her blood pressure is actually within the dangerous range-180/120-if she were to be on the ward, we would have given her IV Labetolol. Anyways, she was telling me that she will get better without bed rest and further medications-she insisted that she wanted to breast feed her baby-(but she is not producing enough milk as she is not well herself). In other words, mad mother with a hypo baby. I ended up checking her blood pressure every 2 hours. What a waste of my time!

Thats all about work.. oh yea, we had to present Stats on Friday, was a disaster with quite a good bit of wrong slides.. bad impression.

Went to the movies with Ridzuan-saw Cloverfield and American Gangster.. prefer the latter.. hated the first. Dinner in Northern Indian Restaurant was grand-not that expensive compared to those prices in Ireland! The food was actually good. Had coffee in Starbucks.. I dont see myself spending much time like this in the near future. Back to working my ass off.

I almost got myself into an accident today. There was this car speeding from the side and he saw me signalling (I assumed he saw my signal as I have given it for quite a good while) He just continued on speeding by the side and was coming so close to me-perhaps just 10cm away! I wish I could just ram the car down and kill the driver instantaneously. It is not my fault that he didnt bloody see my signal. I have given the signal so why did he continue on speeding?

What's up with Malaysian driver's attitude by the way? Did they not learn how to be polite? What is wrong with the society? We have so many drivers driving on the road with these attitudes. Probably moral knowledge should be included in their exams-both written and oral exams-should include a tricky ones! I hate these drivers as they involve the life of others. I dont really mind if they want to commit suicide that way-please do so by all means but dont endanger others on the road.. they are innocent.

I have so much anger, building up in me right now. It is about time that I should attend confession tomorrow morning.. so thats all folks..
 
posted by Mel at 5:13 PM, |

0 Comments: