Monday, November 19, 2007
Life Quotes
I received a call from HUKM this morning.. actually they have been trying to get hold of me since Friday but I was not in the vicinity of my vibrating mobile phone.. humming.. I Gotta Go My Own Way by Vanessa Hudsen.. and that happened twice..
So I returned their call this morning only to learn that they would like to offer me a job as a medical officer in their hospital-am not too sure if I need to attend any interview.. because they're already offering me the job??!! Anyway.. I turned them down.. Spontaneously.. and then.. as usual.. I will have this moment.. whereby I would be analyzing every single decision that I have made.. including this one..
If you read my previous posts.. I have always wanted to work with the Ministry of Higher Education.. but here I am.. turning them down! WHY? I don't know the answer to that Q.. Perhaps I am destined to work in Sabah. I have been praying a lot about these job offers.. telling God to help me choose which one that would suit me best.. and His answer to my prayer would be in terms of first come first serve basis.. so I guess I am making the RIGHT decision, which leads me to this quote...
“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” -Win Borden
That is probably true.. when you have too many options laid in front of you, I find it very difficult to choose which would suit me most.. because all would.. To be honest, I don't mind working anywhere in Malaysia but I prefer Kota Kinabalu. So there you go.. Any regrets? Hmm.. just a wee bit.. but I still think I should be in KK!
Over the last eight years ie since I left Secondary school.. I always second guess everything I do because I always have plenty of options.. and I dont know what to do next and I hate making decisions.. (surprise.. surprise.. I wonder how am I going to survive this job!) I have never mentioned to anyone .. not even to my close friends about my intention of becoming a doctor.. because I never wanted to. I have always wanted to work as an accountant but come to think of it.. with my sort of character.. I dont think I can make it-I was told so!
Any regrets so far in my life? Well.. Some.. but I cant turn back time, can I? If I could.. then, I would love to return to 1995.. and make things right again.. from that time! Medical years.. I would love to return to Dec 2002! But sure.. I cant do that.. Sigh... so I guess I just have to live by these quotes...
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”-Maria Robinson
“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”-Unknown
I hope I could make a better ending of my life.. better life.. better health.. better career.. better relationship with family and friends.. more forgiving.. more patient.. more disciplined.. more obedient.. and most importantly.. better relationship with God..I still can.. cant I?
I do not think that there is such thing as an easy job. It is definitely not easy to be a Christian doctor, especially when there is a possibility of conflict between your own moral values and your professional responsibilities. Some of you might know what I mean by this.. But sure.. I can serve fellow Malaysians in many other ways.. so I am still thinking of what job would suit me best.. Endocrinology now.. might not be the best choice after all.. any suggestions? Readers? Quit medicine? Possible! Only if I am married to a guy who can support us :-D Nothing is too difficult for Thee..
Last life quote of the day...
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”-Maya Angeloute
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment