Saturday, January 12, 2008
7 weeks of Obs and Gynae
I cant believe that I have been working as a houseman here in Malaysia for seven weeks and I survived it; in fact I sailed through it with just a few mild scoldings from my MOs-but I truly deserve it though.. In other words, they would not have done that without obvious reasons..
One.. was because I did not inform my MO about a referred patient from another district hospital with a transverse lie-baby lying with his head and buttocks at mum sides, rather than head down, buttoks up-longitudinal lie-the most common lie! Why.. well.. in case the patient goes into labour that night, there is a risk of cord prolapse.. cord.. hmm.. baby's cord go down first because the head is not there to cover the opening-os we call it.. head must come first to be save..
Another.. was because I did not induce the patient properly.. a lady with a small baby due to growth restriction in utero.. the aim is to get her to deliver as soon as possible, but I delayed the delivery by not rupturing the membrane when the os (opening) is 2 cm! She delivered that same night.
One more.. was quite extensive one.. from Dr. Chin.. I just couldnt get along with her. Again, I would consider it my fault for not using much of common sense. She told me to look up for DIVC regime-how many platelets available-and the first thing on my mind was WHAT D WHAT? But I didnt dare to ask her cos I was just too afraid to ask her further. She probably read my obvious confused face and asked if I knew what it was. She explained to me and asked me to look up for platelets.. Off I went to the blood bank.. and then.. I told her.. there is no Platelets for this blood group type.. so she asked me.. what about other blood group type (I didnt know can use also ma) and there goes the scolding when I told her I dont know. Another time.. was when she told me to look up for ventilator.. I rang up so many people.. no one can give me the answer.. WHY? Because I did not look for the right person to speak to.
Thats pretty much it. Otherwise I get praise for my beautiful handwriting (haha!) and also for my extremely detailed clerking-the boys hate them, the girls love them. I dont usually write in full sentences so that should do it. I always thought, it is important to compare something abnormal with normal.. and also to know if there was any history of the same problem in the past-predisposing factors ma.. I am quite comfortable managing patient now.. been working like there is no tomorrow so why not right.
Anyways.. I am not working today.. thank God! I am going out later in the evening with my colleagues for dinner, movie and probably a karaoke session! I get to do all three.. HOW AMAZING! Hope it will happen so!
One.. was because I did not inform my MO about a referred patient from another district hospital with a transverse lie-baby lying with his head and buttocks at mum sides, rather than head down, buttoks up-longitudinal lie-the most common lie! Why.. well.. in case the patient goes into labour that night, there is a risk of cord prolapse.. cord.. hmm.. baby's cord go down first because the head is not there to cover the opening-os we call it.. head must come first to be save..
Another.. was because I did not induce the patient properly.. a lady with a small baby due to growth restriction in utero.. the aim is to get her to deliver as soon as possible, but I delayed the delivery by not rupturing the membrane when the os (opening) is 2 cm! She delivered that same night.
One more.. was quite extensive one.. from Dr. Chin.. I just couldnt get along with her. Again, I would consider it my fault for not using much of common sense. She told me to look up for DIVC regime-how many platelets available-and the first thing on my mind was WHAT D WHAT? But I didnt dare to ask her cos I was just too afraid to ask her further. She probably read my obvious confused face and asked if I knew what it was. She explained to me and asked me to look up for platelets.. Off I went to the blood bank.. and then.. I told her.. there is no Platelets for this blood group type.. so she asked me.. what about other blood group type (I didnt know can use also ma) and there goes the scolding when I told her I dont know. Another time.. was when she told me to look up for ventilator.. I rang up so many people.. no one can give me the answer.. WHY? Because I did not look for the right person to speak to.
Thats pretty much it. Otherwise I get praise for my beautiful handwriting (haha!) and also for my extremely detailed clerking-the boys hate them, the girls love them. I dont usually write in full sentences so that should do it. I always thought, it is important to compare something abnormal with normal.. and also to know if there was any history of the same problem in the past-predisposing factors ma.. I am quite comfortable managing patient now.. been working like there is no tomorrow so why not right.
Anyways.. I am not working today.. thank God! I am going out later in the evening with my colleagues for dinner, movie and probably a karaoke session! I get to do all three.. HOW AMAZING! Hope it will happen so!
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment