Saturday, January 06, 2007

Starting over in Ballinasloe

Cleaning the house for my 3 VIPs was the worst experience ever because I had to work on the 27th Dec and they were coming over the following day. When I got home on the evening of 27th, I was just too tired to do anything so I started at 8am the following day.. BIG mistake but what choice do I have..I am just so lazy. They reached Galway at 12.45pm and I was still in the cab then.. what a timing. Brought them home.. showed them their room.. went out again for a walk in Galway-visited Cathedral and St Abbey church, ate at Thai Garden-the waiter was so rude-never will I go there again-ever.


The following day was spent in Dublin-train journey took 6 hours of our time-we went to St James's Gate, walked to St Patrick's Cathedral, then to Grafton's St. , Jervis, back to Heuston and we missed our train by 2 mins. Annoying-blame the small kid who doesnt know how to use the train ticket machine for LUAS.


Third day-rented a car for 2 days- we went to Co. Clare-so what else-Kilkee, Atlantic Ocean, Cliff of Moher and Burren-weather was bad and Fr Andy was sick and also hypoglycaemic-we went to have dinner at Eddie's Rocket. I drove to Ballinasloe that night to move the second half of my things over. Geez, I have so much things.


The following day, we went to attend mass in Knock and then to Connemara, the wind was too strong the car actually glide. Fr John had to drive instead. We went to have New Year's Dinner in Oranmore, and the car was again packed with my things.


I have to say, this is the most meaningful new year I have ever had in the last 6 years-celebrating it with 3 priests. They celebrated mass in the house which was so cool. It was great because I get to ask so many Qs.. Qs I dare not ask others except Fr Andy and now Fr John. They are not as scary as I thought they would be in person because back home, they look fierce/strict though.

 
posted by Mel at 10:58 AM, |

0 Comments: