Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday... Good Day!

The best day ever... for me.. I covered Back pain, Arthritis, Septic Arthritis, Osteoarthritis.. and Pre-eclampsia! Again and again.. but what choice do I have.. I mean it is common..so you need to know them very well. I have yet to cover Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout and Pseudogout tonight! That's the plan! Gynae.. how ah? Maybe do one topic! I am trying to squeeze so many topics/day..which is usually a bad idea.. but do I have a choice? yea.. maybe I should have studied earlier.. and not taking life so lightly... But then, there is NO point in lamenting on something that cannot be changed. I just need to keep going, pray for God's blessings and have more faith in Him.. that He'll help me till the end. He has helped me since Form 3.. maybe before but didnt realise that.. until today.. so what would made Him quit on me?

Anyways, I didnt go to Prof's tutorial but I have 2 most thoughtful friends.. Ger and Andrew.. Ger called me to tell me.. and Andrew.. through Goggle Talk.. So here goes..Exam structure from Prof Kerin's tutorial today..
  1. Vascular -short notes
  2. Othropaedics - most like to be short notes too (Colles #, L4/L5/S1 disc prolapsed)
  3. Urology- maybe haematuria
  4. GI - maybe Colorectal Ca
  5. Mixture-short notes (endocrine/staging/tumour markers/GI)
  6. Anaesthetics - most likely to be sepsis
  7. Plastics - Melanoma/BCC/SCC/Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Dupuytren's Contracture

Exam venue: Woo hoo.. GMIT Sports Hall, on the 24/4/06 at 9.30am (3hrs)

Medicine.. cant remember.. but it will be so long though.. imagine.. 3 hours in the morning.. 3 hours in evening, an hour the following day..

Paper 1=10% Paper 2 = 15%, MCQ = 5 %

Paper 1: Sports Hall, 20/4/06, 9.30am (3hrs)

Extern 1 Q (Endocrinologist-DM-5%)

Q2-Q5 (All-5% which means 1Q = 1.25%-so little ?)

Q by Dr. Mulkerrin, Dr. O Gorman, Dr. Daly, Prof O Brien

Paper 2: Sports Hall, 20/4.06, 2.30pm(3hrs)

6Q - each worth 2.5%

Q. by Dr Stevens, Dr Gilmartin, Dr Marren, Dr Coughlan, Dr. Reddan/Lappin, Dr Counihan

Paper 3 (MCQ): LEISURELAND.. yeye.. 9.30am (1hr)

Obs and Gynae: MERVUE COMMUNITY HALL, 26/4/06, 9.30am (3hrs)

So.. there goes.. Obs and Gynae.. hopefully tips from Prof tomorrow..

But then.. you cant really rely on tips.. because you'd be a danger to the public if you study based on TIPS.. Not a good practice.. if Mr Couse see this..

Ok.. back to my Orthopods book..

 
posted by Mel at 6:04 PM, |

0 Comments: