Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Healing Power of God!

I slept quite late last night around 2.30am.. hoping to read something on Nutrition but I have only covered a few pages..haven't finished on that yet and I have yet to read on the Thromboprophylaxis given to women during pregnancy and after vaginal delivery.. and do Obs again.. Had a good text session with KJ as usual.. he's really a great friend.. I cant ask for more.. of all the places.. GALWAY? Now I am even more sure of why I should be here and not in Dublin, or Sydney.. Stacey and KJ.. great combination!

I woke up at 9.10am this morning.. and I was thinking.. hey.. I must get up now.. otherwise I might miss the service... So.. I went on to take shower.. and left home at 9.45am to Westwood Hotel.. the cab driver who fetch me asked.. which country are you from? and ask.. how long have I been here.. and he was surprised when I said.. SIX YEARS.. and the usual Q: How do u like it here.. and I said.. love everything else except.. and before I can finish.. he said.. THE WEATHER.. and I agreed to his answer.. and he added.. The weather in Galway is just like Irish women here.. so unpredictable.. ah well.. that's why we are human..unique.. no meh?

Anyway.. I am glad I went today.. I needed it.. we started the session with a children song.. Cast away my problem to Jesus.. something like that.. aiyo so many songs cannot remember.. and then, sang Days of Elijah.. This is The Air I Breathe.. love them.. cos I know how to sing both..and also.. this wonderful song.. Thank you Lord for loving me, hearing me, healing me.. wanting me..

And then, Caroline went up to give us a talk on God's Healing.. she started with this verse, 1 Cor 1:4-9.. " I always thank God for you because of his grave given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way-in all your speaking and in all your knowledge-because our testimony about Christ was confirmed by you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful" NIV

And she said.. Jesus is a promise keeper, He does what He says He do.. which is true.. I mean.. He has never left me alone.. I left Him instead.. and He promised that He would always be there for me.. and He did.. even though I refuse to listen to Him.. Next.. FAITH.. shouldnt be a response to evidence but to GOD.. a response to God.. and humans can be too caught up with evidence.. i.e. unless I see miracles happening, I wont believe in God.. which is nonsense.. I mean.. it takes faith to believe in something you can see but only experience. One more point.. God heals.. eventhough we dont see it.. sometimes.. bad things do happen to us.. and we thought God would heal or handle this situation..but the thing is.. we fail to see or realise that whatever we want might not be in His Plan.. and He knows what is best for us because He made us.. He knows what He wants to do with us.. so.. ( I wonder if I am making any sense here?) Sometimes.. we thought the Lord would heal someone we love.. like.. I thought the Lord would save Dr. Judson.. because he's great man.. and I was mad because Dr Judson died eventually from that chopper crash.. where is GOD at that time? Only today I realised He was there.. in the midst of the tragedy.. healing Dr. Judson in His own way.. saying.. enough is enough.. your purpose ends here.. come home with me..

As a Christian.. all we need to do is to pray.. pray.. that the Lord will heal this person..that person.. touch the person's lives.. etc.. be His instrument.. and let He decide what He wants to do with these people we prayed for.. it is not for us to decide how things should end up... and also pray.. for your own walk with Him..that your faith wont be shattered by life's test.. trust Him..

Ok la.. enough said about all these.. glad I went.. and I am going to study now.. just thought I should write about this.. tonight.. having Stacey's 20th and Clifford's 22nd birthday gathering.. at 11.30pm.. KJ and Fla are getting the cake soon.. OK... till then...
 
posted by Mel at 12:35 PM, |

3 Comments:

  At 4:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
hi mel! do u know dr judson that well? what happened to his daughter jem? i find ur blog quite interesting.glad that ur keeping good with both your studies and in HIM.god bless u mel..take care
  At 10:41 PM Blogger Mel said:
Hi Sheila... thanks for reading my boring blog :-) not as happening as my house blog :-O Anyway.. I think Jem is still in Cardiff.. doing medicine there. I am not that close to her..she's my junior, I know her bro better-my ex classmate, who's currently an Intern in SGH. Her father, the late Dr Judson was my GP... My role model..
  At 12:24 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Galway women unpredictable eh? heheh.. ;D