Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's Day Revision Session

I woke up late this morning.. I should have been up earlier as I slept early last night.. couldnt take it.. headache man.. I guess it's from the menorrhagia.. that I am having right now.. tired, hypotension etc. What can I do? I have undiagnosed clotting disorder.. and yet, I am not getting it treated.. wanna die is it? Hmmm.. dont know! Anyway.. last night.. I didnt attend Prof Cormican's revision lecture for the final meds as I was F-L-O-O-D-I-N-G.. it was terrible and I felt so sick.. and weak.. didnt get anything done at all.. NIL... plus I was feeling very drowsy the whole day.. and tired.. how many times did I use the word tired? It was a freaking tired day for me.. anyway.. I was also trying to write a testimonial for NN but I just dont know how to make is sound more interesting.. plus.. I cant really write as you can see.. now!

This morning.. woke up at 7.30am.. I did some ironing in the morning.. and then, took shower and went to CSI with Annie.. both feeling tired.. for different reasons obviously.. and we reached there at 9.10am but a few of them were standing outside the lecture hall... I mean I thought we were late.. rupa-rupanya.. they were having breakfast.. ditaja oleh Wyeth.. hehe.. and ZOTON, FASTAB.. biasalah.. anyway, took the orange juice.. and croissant.. nice.. the whole thing started at 9.45am I think?!

Mr Conneely went through what to expect in long cases, short cases, oral.. what to do..and not to do.. what to bring.. etc.. we had 4 stations today-GI exam, Ortho, Vascular and Miscellaneous.. and I thought.. ONLY GI Station was fantastic.. the rest.. kelam kabut it seems.. not systematic at all.. like.. it makes no difference if I didnt attend these two stations-Ortho and Vasc.. Miscellaneous was good but not great.. because he had to rush through things and nothing sticks in my already slippery and aging brain.."this scar is clamshell, that is rooftop, this is what? Thoracoabdominal scar.. this? Err.. err.. laparotomy? oh yea.. This? it was like a chorus: Gridiron!...What's the difference between ileostomy and colostomy..? Bla bla bla.. This is how you check for thyroid... oh you percuss retrosternal goitre last (Surgery) but in Medicine, you percuss before you auscultate- WHAT THE HELL!.. we have 4 volunteers.. 3rd Med.. so nice of them actually to help us.. God Bless them! and also a few Interns-Gabrielle, Mark.. and SHOs.. Alan, dunno the rest.. they came to do a few role play.. of bad Long case, Excellent Long Case.. Good short case and good oral.. so that we will know what to expect.. and that's freaking me out. I mean.. hello.. I didnt know they expect so much.. but DUH right.. they need to because they are 'recruiting' us.. to be part of their team.. and.. yeah.. you need to appear confident, fluent and clear! Think before speaking.. take 2-3 secs to think.. not 15 secs cos the consultant might be wondering if u ever g0ing to answer their Q or wat.. also... when u listen to bowel sound.. MAX 2 mins.. but usually until u hear bowel sound.. and there is NO such thing as NORMAL BOWEL SOUND. Its either present, absent or INCREASED. I always put normal.. geez.. Ok.. overall.. it was a great session with them.. free education, free movies, free food.. what more can u ask.. oh yea.. free pen, post it, letter pad.. the usual stuffs that I love collecting and I have like tonnes of them in my room and I think I may need to throw some of them away..

I love stationeries and I think my housemates know that.. and those who lived with me before.. I have this obsession for stationeries.. pen-the most, followed by examination pad, notepad -A6,A5 , pencils, erasers, ruler, etc etc.. and I must go to Officescope one day.. maybe after my final clinics on the 10th of May..

Please God help me get through this exams.. not just me but all of us.. the whole batch! I have been doing this discussion with Stacey.. Qs which can be found at the back of this book: The Purpose Driven Life, What On Earth Am I Here For? Rick Warren It has been good.. time consuming but worth it... although KJ thinks I should be spending that time to study.. ah well.. both are equally important to me.. I need to set my priority right and use my time wisely. Thats the key and realising that my life shouldnt be driven by fear and the need for approval.. but instead, I should let Jesus take the driver seat.. although it's difficult.. ah well.

I need to do some studying tonight.. tomorrow will be going to church with the rest.. and I need to make good confession for this month of Lent.. it has been the most interesting month of Lent that I have ever had.. I mean.. it's different from any other years..
 
posted by Mel at 11:33 PM, |

1 Comments:

  At 2:26 AM Blogger Mel said:
haha... OKAY.. no probs!