Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Matthew 6:34
A very wise friend.. shared this verse with me last night.. just now actually.. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" Why this... out of a sudden? Merely because I misinterpreted some of the sentences I read in a book.. how cool the devil can fool u.. by making u confused.. and thank God for this friend..
In the book it was written... "It is a fatal mistake to assume that God's goal for your life is material prosperity or popular success, as the world defines it. The abundant life has nothing to do with material abundance, and faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career or even in ministry. Never focus on temporary crowns." The part that says faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career.. that really strucked me.. and suddenly.. a voice telling me.. "See.. God will not give u want u ask for actually.. You are just wasting your time reading that book and spending time talking about God.. You're not going to make it for your exams if you continue on...So stop reading.. and study!" This was yesterday.. after going to church.. in the evening.. and I lost my mood afterwards.. I was so confused.. I was thinking to myself.. I thought this is what the Lord wanted me to do... how can He not let me get through this final hurdle.. so that I can extend His love to others.. ie my patients and their family members and relatives.. or my colleagues.. so that I can serve Him.. and by doing that.. Worship Him at the same time..
So I told her.. this wise woman of God and she said this to me-paraphrase lah: No.. you got it all wrong.. God didnt mean it that way.. It's good that u r career-minded cos it means you're focused. Material prosperity/popular success refers to those acknowledgement you received from those people around you because of your achievements in your career (usually) or anything related to that.. but these are not God's goal for your life as they are just a temporary thing and will fade away.. people would forget about you eventually... Faithfulness does not guarantee success in career.. hmm.. I am not sure if she did say anything about that.. but she quoted this verse for me.. Mat 6:33-34.. But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.. cont.. verse 34.. the above.. Therefore do not worry.. etc
She added.. that the Lord.. wants us to be happy.. because of Him.. He wants us to feel satisfied because He provides those things.. but then again... There is no way He can give if you dont work for it.. It's like taking God for granted.. which means.. I will have to do my part.. and God will do His part.. right..
Anyway.. like dat la.. I stayed at home whole day.. just read on Medical Disorder that can affects pregnancy.. how to manage these women.. and.. didnt do much..Just now read ECG made Easy.. easy enough to understand though.. and tomorrow.. or later.. will go to Mr Nash, Mr. Courtney and Dr Gerard Flaherty's tutorial... sigh.. gone la another day.. and then, the plan is to go to my favourite shopping place.. DUNNES STORE.. to stock up more instant food as I dont have the time to cook.. Poor KJ but I cant afford to cook anymore.. it takes time to cook and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen.. at the same time.. I cooked for him today though.. but he didnt eat with me.. ceh.. nak tido pula.. anyway..nvm.. as long as he eats the food I cooked.. which he did... and that would be the last time I cook for him this month.. never know..
Yesterday.. oh yea.. yesterday.. Celebrated Stacey's and Clifford's birthday together-gether. Who came? Stephanie, Mei Ann, Thekiso, Chin Yaow, Jemima, Patrick.. come to think of it.. so few.. and yet.. we were so noisy.. anyway.. it was good..except that the cake.. was too creamy.. or sour.. and all claimed that they baked the cake.. I mean my housemates..
Earlier on, we had dinner at Eastern Tandoori.. for Clifford.. and he gave this speech.. I was so touched.. that I lost my appetite to eat.. but I did finish my food.. just didnt add more.. He said (again, paraphrase)..."I am glad that all of us could come together today.. and Thank you for celebrating my birthday.. I really appreciate it" I think he said something else.. but the first line.. could come together.. well.. I was thinking.. hey.. this might be the LAST time though that we would eat together.. as housemates.. so sad.. but what to do.. life goes on.. each of us has our own separate lives.. and KJ started a heart-to-heart conversation.. on..
Best birthday of my life.. that will have to be... the one I had when I was 14.. although.. something happened on that day too.. but most friends came that day.. and it was held at Gymchana Club House.. Winston gave me jewellery box.. that played.. Love me Tender.. Love me Sweet.. Never let me Gooo.. later I found out that he likes me.. Who else..Elaine, Tsia Hung, Colleen, Rachel, Jasmine, Samini, Drina, Hadrian, Timothy, Edith and her family.. Parents also la.. ah well.. love it.. I like family gathering sort of thing.. didnt really like just teens..
Best year of my life.. TWO years.. When I was in Form 2 and When I was in Banting. Why? Form 2- I was very active then.. HEALTHY physically and spiritually.. sports training Mon,Wed,Fri, Sat&Sun.. 7-9am, 2-5pm, Gym-Mon,Wed,Fri; Netball-Tues,Thurs;PBSM at 9am on Sat;YCS-Friday12.30pm.. what more can I ask? Studies.. well.. not too good.. Banting.. zaman kegemilangan! Study Study Study like there's no tomorrow.. Usually would wake up at 7.30am.. study.. until lunch at 1pm, eat, 2pm start again until 5.30pm, shower, 6pm eat, 7pm prayer group,8-1am-study.. WHY CANT I DO THAT NOW??? SO SAD.. I am so pissed though!
Anyway.. that's that..I didnt tell them that night about this though.. dont know why.. just too overwhelmed by Clifford's speech that I couldnt think anymore.
Wow..such a long posT! Ok wanna Zzzzzz
In the book it was written... "It is a fatal mistake to assume that God's goal for your life is material prosperity or popular success, as the world defines it. The abundant life has nothing to do with material abundance, and faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career or even in ministry. Never focus on temporary crowns." The part that says faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career.. that really strucked me.. and suddenly.. a voice telling me.. "See.. God will not give u want u ask for actually.. You are just wasting your time reading that book and spending time talking about God.. You're not going to make it for your exams if you continue on...So stop reading.. and study!" This was yesterday.. after going to church.. in the evening.. and I lost my mood afterwards.. I was so confused.. I was thinking to myself.. I thought this is what the Lord wanted me to do... how can He not let me get through this final hurdle.. so that I can extend His love to others.. ie my patients and their family members and relatives.. or my colleagues.. so that I can serve Him.. and by doing that.. Worship Him at the same time..
So I told her.. this wise woman of God and she said this to me-paraphrase lah: No.. you got it all wrong.. God didnt mean it that way.. It's good that u r career-minded cos it means you're focused. Material prosperity/popular success refers to those acknowledgement you received from those people around you because of your achievements in your career (usually) or anything related to that.. but these are not God's goal for your life as they are just a temporary thing and will fade away.. people would forget about you eventually... Faithfulness does not guarantee success in career.. hmm.. I am not sure if she did say anything about that.. but she quoted this verse for me.. Mat 6:33-34.. But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.. cont.. verse 34.. the above.. Therefore do not worry.. etc
She added.. that the Lord.. wants us to be happy.. because of Him.. He wants us to feel satisfied because He provides those things.. but then again... There is no way He can give if you dont work for it.. It's like taking God for granted.. which means.. I will have to do my part.. and God will do His part.. right..
Anyway.. like dat la.. I stayed at home whole day.. just read on Medical Disorder that can affects pregnancy.. how to manage these women.. and.. didnt do much..Just now read ECG made Easy.. easy enough to understand though.. and tomorrow.. or later.. will go to Mr Nash, Mr. Courtney and Dr Gerard Flaherty's tutorial... sigh.. gone la another day.. and then, the plan is to go to my favourite shopping place.. DUNNES STORE.. to stock up more instant food as I dont have the time to cook.. Poor KJ but I cant afford to cook anymore.. it takes time to cook and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen.. at the same time.. I cooked for him today though.. but he didnt eat with me.. ceh.. nak tido pula.. anyway..nvm.. as long as he eats the food I cooked.. which he did... and that would be the last time I cook for him this month.. never know..
Yesterday.. oh yea.. yesterday.. Celebrated Stacey's and Clifford's birthday together-gether. Who came? Stephanie, Mei Ann, Thekiso, Chin Yaow, Jemima, Patrick.. come to think of it.. so few.. and yet.. we were so noisy.. anyway.. it was good..except that the cake.. was too creamy.. or sour.. and all claimed that they baked the cake.. I mean my housemates..
Earlier on, we had dinner at Eastern Tandoori.. for Clifford.. and he gave this speech.. I was so touched.. that I lost my appetite to eat.. but I did finish my food.. just didnt add more.. He said (again, paraphrase)..."I am glad that all of us could come together today.. and Thank you for celebrating my birthday.. I really appreciate it" I think he said something else.. but the first line.. could come together.. well.. I was thinking.. hey.. this might be the LAST time though that we would eat together.. as housemates.. so sad.. but what to do.. life goes on.. each of us has our own separate lives.. and KJ started a heart-to-heart conversation.. on..
- Which birthday was the best birthday you've ever had?
- If you need to pick the BEST year/age of your life, which one would it be?
Best birthday of my life.. that will have to be... the one I had when I was 14.. although.. something happened on that day too.. but most friends came that day.. and it was held at Gymchana Club House.. Winston gave me jewellery box.. that played.. Love me Tender.. Love me Sweet.. Never let me Gooo.. later I found out that he likes me.. Who else..Elaine, Tsia Hung, Colleen, Rachel, Jasmine, Samini, Drina, Hadrian, Timothy, Edith and her family.. Parents also la.. ah well.. love it.. I like family gathering sort of thing.. didnt really like just teens..
Best year of my life.. TWO years.. When I was in Form 2 and When I was in Banting. Why? Form 2- I was very active then.. HEALTHY physically and spiritually.. sports training Mon,Wed,Fri, Sat&Sun.. 7-9am, 2-5pm, Gym-Mon,Wed,Fri; Netball-Tues,Thurs;PBSM at 9am on Sat;YCS-Friday12.30pm.. what more can I ask? Studies.. well.. not too good.. Banting.. zaman kegemilangan! Study Study Study like there's no tomorrow.. Usually would wake up at 7.30am.. study.. until lunch at 1pm, eat, 2pm start again until 5.30pm, shower, 6pm eat, 7pm prayer group,8-1am-study.. WHY CANT I DO THAT NOW??? SO SAD.. I am so pissed though!
Anyway.. that's that..I didnt tell them that night about this though.. dont know why.. just too overwhelmed by Clifford's speech that I couldnt think anymore.
Wow..such a long posT! Ok wanna Zzzzzz
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment