Thursday, January 01, 2009

The New Year 2009 is here

Wow... one year went by... 2008 has been quite a memorable year for me... in terms of my stunted possible relationships or so I thought...

The year started with spending most of my time at work.. as I had to work from 6.30 am to 8pm every day.. until I was promoted to MO ship haha where work usually begins at 8 am and ends at 5.30pm. Better working hours.. but MORE Responsibilities. You get more involved in the patient's management and the housemans would be asking you for further management..and you would be held responsible for everything (almost).

I hated Obs and Gynae but later on I have learnt to like it but not love it just yet.. which means, I am still contemplating if I should really do Obs and Gynae at all. Sigh.

Last night I was on call... I thought it would be a busy night but I was wrong... I slept for 4 hours straight... as there were no new patients from 2 am to 6am... and then, they started coming in at 6 am onwards.. was quite a peaceful night I must say but earlier, the whole place was busy-both Labour Room, Pac and Ward. In total we had 3 Caesars and that was about it. We celebrated New Year together... Loo and Rafiza were there... nice company.. and friends.. thats all I need.. I think for now.

But then again.. soon... or rather eventually they would have to leave... to join their own family, or to 'mengejar impian' whatever it is.. life has to go on.. and I am trying to stay optimistic here..

I have learnt my lesson... that is not to trust anyone I meet online.. ever-the only important thing I learnt in 2008! The rest.. was pretty obvious I guess.. Life is a journey and a learning process so... I hope 2009 will be a more fruitful year.. hopefully I could collect more points for my SKT and CPD.. sigh.. I need to be more hardworking and proactive...
 
posted by Mel at 5:50 AM, |

5 Comments:

  At 2:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
"not to trust anyone I meet online".

=> Hmmh, you must have had some really bad experiences then, and I believe I was one of them :-( Still regretting it though.

Took me quite a while to find you online. Any idea who I might be? *hehe*
  At 5:35 AM Blogger Mel said:
No idea who u r but I just saw this post today...
  At 2:17 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
No worries. You are a busy doctor these days. I hope everything is going well for you back home. Missing rainy Ireland? ;-)
  At 1:19 PM Blogger Mel said:
Hi Anonymous.. it would be great if u could and would identify yourself... it's about time to reconcile if u like.. Not missing rainy Ireland but definitely miss those Irish I met there..
Hi. Do you still have interest in specialization in O&G?