Saturday, August 05, 2006

Looking forward to my very first AnnuaL LeAvE

Life is not as busy as I thought it would be.. probably because it is races week.. we have no booked admissions.. just treating those admitted through casualty. I was on call on Wednesday and Friday i.e yesteday.
I was called down to A/E to see a patient who was complaining of penile pain.. he's 67.. when he gets the pain, he cannot pass urine but otherwise he can and the stream is fine. Pain started from the base and travel along towards the tip of the penis. No blood in the urine. Hx of instrumentation before..Previous biopsy of the prostate and bladder was normal i.e. no malignancy or dysplasia. My impression was urethral stricture.. and I am right.. Woo Hoo.. we are going to do urethrotomy i.e. opening up the water channel.. by dilating it.
Second man.. 25 yo complaining of testicular pain.. with no temperature or obvious swelling. No history of STI or Mumps.. has had that before.. for 6 months.. so.. it is something chronic so we sent him home on antibiotics and aulin.
Last night.. another young man.. 20 complaining of testicular pain. but his white cell count was raised and urine microscopy showed white cells i.e. he did have infection, just not as bad.. he has orchitis, inflammation of the testes.. but he is not sick enough to be admitted..so another one sent home on antibiotics for 10 days.
Being on call with different Regs is interesting... they have their own character.. but all of them are nice.. and supportive. I was called by a colleague of mine to catheterize an edematous penis.. my my.. I thought the foreskin was the penis.. we had to do a lot of squeezing before we can find the glan.. anyway, we managed to catheterize him.
Ok.. enough about testes and penis.. weekend is here.. the plan is to clean the house before Dad KJ comes back here. Maybe go for a movie who knows. I dont have any plans so far. This is going to be a long weekend because monday is a public holiday here.. I should be working on Tues but if I am lazy, I may call in sick.. but hopefully I am not sick.. Geez.. and then my very first annual leave begins. The plan to is to go to the Immigration Off to sort out my Green Card and then attent the intern teaching. Afternoon.. study. Thursday.. get my vaccine.. in the morning..study.. afternoon study.. Friday.. the plan was to go to Letterkenny to visit Yani but she will be on call that weekend so I dont know just yet. Sigh.. So sad la.. ada cuti dunno what to do.. bila takde cuti.. I have so many things in mind.. maybe I should rent a car and drive to Kilrush. Love Kilrush..
 
posted by Mel at 12:15 PM, |

0 Comments: