Sunday, July 16, 2006

Second weekend is here

Second weekend is finally here.. I am counting the weeks..10 more weeks to go.. sigh.. it's not like I dont like working with this team but I dont quite like my partner unfortunately. Sigh.. and because of that.. I got moody and didnt look good on the rest either... Although caring for own patients based on the room is a good idea, I do think that knowing all of them as a whole is a better one.. but he said.. we should just follow what the SPR says.. BUT.. if someone calls me regarding his patients.. I wouldnt have a clue.. and I dont know what to say to the person on the end of the phone.. Things have to change next week.. I do think I am going in to those rooms infested with MRSA and VRE.. oh yea.. we have one patient with VRE.. Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci. How cool is that! We have 4 patients with MRSA and 1 VRE.. Ivor my reg must have passed them on since he never changed his favourite gown.. and I think if the microbiologist swab my stethoscope, I am sure they can grow lots of MRSA, CNS and lots of other bugs..

Last Wednesday was the most exciting on call ever.. well, I have only done two so far.. another on nest Tuesday.. and then, next weekend-Sat & Sun.. A patient went into Urosepsis. Her BP was 90/50 mmHg, Pulse 160bpm, Temp 39.9 degrees.. I was called while doing a discharge letter in the Paeds ward.. and I was like.. WHAT??? She told me those.. and I really dont know what to do. I ran upstairs.. and while running I was thinking.. what am I supposed to do? I couldnt think. I went upstairs.. and I was told.."take blood culture.. and repeat all those bloods tests" by the Sister. I called my Reg immediately.. and he came 10 mins later.. He must have rushed.. pity him.. well.. that lady.. ended up in ICU.. she had to have central line in because her BP went lower.. and.. oh yeah.. my Reg had to take blood from her FEMORAL VEIN.. All peripherals are shut down and he said.. it is a safe way to take bloods.. and I was like.. "YEAH..rite.. I cant even do those peripheral ones"

Anyway.. I dont know how she is now.. but according to Astrid, the French student who was with us, she is dying..that patient.. she's so young.. but what to do. Her family requested for full resus for her.. but WHAT FOR? Anyway..that's their decision to make, not mine. If I had to do CPR on her.. that night, I would have done it.. like how I was taught at the BLS course. Ah well.. God was with us that night.. and He knows how things should be anyway.

On Thursday..I had to do 6 consultations.. and I was even TOLD by one SHOs how to do a proper consult.. nice to have these lessons over the phone. He's THAT CHINESE GUY I MET ON MY SECOND DAY AT WORK! Pissing me off.. but I guess he meant well. Who cares..

On Friday.. I had to do weird blood tests.. Renin and Aldosterone. Renin-2 samples.. one supine and another 30 mins later.. so difficult and mafan.. why these tests.. because this patient is young, and she has hypertension. It is definitely NOT NORMAL for a young patient to have hypertension. We are guessing it could be of renal origin. Later that afternoon.. I had to call Cork University Hosp.. but later on Ivor called instead.. cos I couldnt get through.. we are looking for open MRI because we have a patient who couldnt fit into our very own MRI in Galway. He has large girth.. so..tats why. Luckily South Infirmary Victoria Hospital accepted him..

Friday and today.. was spent on watching DVDs and sleeping. I saw Flightplan, Beauty and the Beast and Goal! All nice.. I love them all.. they keep me company.. but.. I have been thinking.. this sad life has to end some day. I must go somewhere. I am taking cuti-cuti malaysia in Sept. I want to go somewhere then.. maybe to Armsterdam to Antwerpt. Or..to Newcastle.. or Glassgow! Just for the craig. I am going to Dublin in 2 weeks time.. cant wait for Syazwan to come back.. going to that Garden of Ireland with him.. Wicklow...
 
posted by Mel at 12:13 AM, |

1 Comments:

  At 12:51 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Urosepsis?can be treated kan.ade underlying illness ke that made it worse?hehe,meh le keje in HSAJB...u can do femoral,CVL,Long line as much as u want.