Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ash Wednesday- 1st March 06

The plan for that wednesday was to stay at home... not to go out at all because I plan to study the whole day.. plus I didnt have any rotating tutorial scheduled on that day.. but Prof O Brien might give his extra tutorial.. so I wasn't too sure if I should go.. all out for ONE tutorial.. then I prayed.. and ask God to help me make decision.. I made up my mind to go only at 12.30pm and his tutorial was at 1.00pm. Pretty close eh.. anyway.. went to CSI.. then to my locker and then I saw Emma's forehead.. ASH... If I didnt go.. I wouldnt have known about it.. so Praise God! I didnt know because I didnt go to mass the Sunday before that..

It turned out to be that the tutorial was GREAT.. excellent.. and later, went to College Chapel with Una, Maria, Des and Donal.. wow.. didnt expect Donal to go.. but anyway.. went there.. glad he came.. and we were given this pamphlet.. Love this reading so here goes...

" A Paraphrase From the Prophet Isaiah...
God has told me to shout until you hear. To hammer home the message until it gets through. You are God's people. Listen to what God has to say about your sins;

Day after day, you turn up to worship and pay attention to my teachings. You act like a people who want to do what is right; like people who want to obey to the letter. You ask for directions from me before you do anything and you seem enthusiastic about getting closer to me. So do you want to know why your religious behaviour turns me off? Do you want to know why I ignore your fasting and bowing? I'll tell you why-you put on a great performance of it all, but then you go straight back to feathering your own nest and ripping off your workers in the process. When you fast, it just makes you irritable and when you behave like that, I'll just hang up on you

Do you really think this is what I like to see? A day of pious misery, black clothes and long faces? Giving up sweets and ice cream? Is that worship? Do you think it pleases me? Give me a break!

Do you want to know what I'd really like to see? Dismantle the structures of injustice; take your feet off the throats of the poor; stop jailing the victims of unfair laws; quit plundering nature's resources.

Do you know what else I'd like to see? Open your tables to the hungry; Open your hearts and your homes to the refugees; open your wardrobes to those without clothes; dont hide every time you see someone in need.

Do that and I'll put your name in lights! Do that and our relationship will be healed in an instant! I'll put you under my personal protection; Anyone who attachs you will have to deal with me, the LORD! I wil be on hand to respond whenever you need me. Just say the word and I'll be there for you.

If you abandon all forms of exploitation, and avoid badmouthing others to gain an edge; if you share what you have with those in need and respond to the real needs of suffering communities, then you'll find that life will light up for you. And life will be one beautiful day after another."

"Dont hide every time you see someone in need" really hits me that day.. I have been hiding in my room.. always in room.. giving that long face.. and the "I-am-not-interested-to-know-what's-bothering-you-face" or "I-dont-care-face" if I have to leave the room.. and treating those I care most like shit.. pardon my word.. seriously I thought it was shit.. but at the same time.. I feel burdened when they start telling me their problems because some of the problems just cant be solved.. It just didnt strike me they just need someone to listen to them and not solve the problem.. Dont know what happen then.. I hope I can change this part...I used to be approachable.. but I am not anymore... It's not that I am missing the attention.. I am not.. but I feel bad because I should lend a helping hand to those in need.. if I can and lift their names up to the Lord..
 
posted by Mel at 1:54 PM, |

0 Comments: