Sunday, March 12, 2006
Very sad summer for me
Trip to Dublin Airport.. was as usual.. that boring 3 hours and 30 mins journey.. what did I do? The moment I got into the bus.. I slept.. the whole way.. not too sure if I snored..but who cares.. I was tired. I took the 10 am bus.. left home at 9.15 am. Early leh. So.. gotta wait at the Tourist Office for another half an hour... and I dont remember what else happened on that day cos... that was months ago. I guess the whole journey went well for me.. went home alone for the first time, without any company. Normally I will have someone to go home with me.. but not this time I'd say.
So.. reached KLIA.. and I was waiting for someone to fetch me. That someone was Spencer, a net friend I met when I was in second year med school. He is from Bintulu, at the moment, studying IT in Selangor and who knows what else. I just get confused with what my friends study at times.. too many doing different things. He's Bidayuh and his parents know my parents. That's about it I'd say. So.. he came slightly later.. It turned out to be that my sister booked a hotel in Petaling Street and he doesn't know how to get there by another entrance.. so.. I had to look for another place to stay and finally I got a room in Hotel Malaysia. Believe it or not.. it was a place for those hookers to bring in their customer..so most people in the lobby were giving me this stare.. because I was with my laptop bag and backpack.. etc etc.. was interesting though.. no sound at night.. and Stella, and Colleen spent 2 nights with me..
Back to Miri.. didn't do much.. spent most of my time with Edith, reading the Word of God and getting to know Him better I'd say. She has helped me a lot.. and there came Mr J.. another net friend.. from Sabah. He's single, probably the eldest in the family.. and so he wrote to me, called me, came to Miri even.. brought Edith along when I went to see him for the first time, and eventually when he came for the second time, he told me that he likes me and I was like EEEWWWW.. because he's so much older than I am and it never crossed my mind that all these efforts.. were done to win my heart. Of course, knowing me.. and being me, I didn't tell him directly that I dont feel the same towards him.. but the word got to him say a few months later.. I wrote to him, saying that he's more like a brother to me, and he's too old for me.. (lame excuse I know). Why did I say no? Well.. he's old.. and I am not impressed with the way he tries to win my heart. Just not my type I'd say.. All these happened during the Summer hols.. dont have specific dates..
What else happened? Julian's dad passed away in a chopper crash somewhere in between Bario and Ba Kalalan.. that happened in July! The whole month was spent on reading the news and praying, hoping that they will survive the crash.. Also in the helicopter were Padawan Municipal Council chairman Lawrence Th’ng, Sarawak Electricity Supply Corporation (Sesco) chief executive officer Roger Wong Hwa Puang, contractor Datuk Marcus Raja and Sesco engineers Jason Ng and Ling Tian Ho.. ALL didn't make it.. was a very sad month for me.. I really missed Dr. Judson Tagal.. he was a good man and doctor.. a great man I'd say.. a man with a heart of an angel.. always putting others before him.. tending their needs. I want to be like him.. my role model..
That's Uncle Judson/Dr Judson... next, the Lord took another important man from me, the late Uncle Joe. I got to know Uncle Joe a little bit better when I joined the English Cathedral choir in 1995, and since then, he had been the one who encouraged me to know the Lord more. He taught me how to sing properly... 'talked' me into joining lots of other church activities such as Prayer Meeting, LSS, CYA etc etc and I spent most of my time with him.. and his family of course.. Auntie Joyce is still a lovely and very motherly lady.. and his daugthers.. spent more time with Jacq though.. not that close to Jessamine. Then, I left for Banting, next to Ireland and we didnt get to spend much time together.. but he had been faithful to Him.. doing His work.. proclaiming His Word... and he was the Director of Human Life Service.. now my dad is taking care of that.. overall, he was a good man.. and I missed him so much.. and Adrian reminds me of him..so much!
So that's summer.. I met Vimal, Crystal, Jagjit, Drina.. Jagjit's aunt? passed away in an accident so our plans had to be changed but we managed to meet still.. people change.. and they too, they changed.. hopefully for the better. No major changes that I need to include in here I'd say. Everyone is still single at the point of time, including Vimal.
So.. reached KLIA.. and I was waiting for someone to fetch me. That someone was Spencer, a net friend I met when I was in second year med school. He is from Bintulu, at the moment, studying IT in Selangor and who knows what else. I just get confused with what my friends study at times.. too many doing different things. He's Bidayuh and his parents know my parents. That's about it I'd say. So.. he came slightly later.. It turned out to be that my sister booked a hotel in Petaling Street and he doesn't know how to get there by another entrance.. so.. I had to look for another place to stay and finally I got a room in Hotel Malaysia. Believe it or not.. it was a place for those hookers to bring in their customer..so most people in the lobby were giving me this stare.. because I was with my laptop bag and backpack.. etc etc.. was interesting though.. no sound at night.. and Stella, and Colleen spent 2 nights with me..
Back to Miri.. didn't do much.. spent most of my time with Edith, reading the Word of God and getting to know Him better I'd say. She has helped me a lot.. and there came Mr J.. another net friend.. from Sabah. He's single, probably the eldest in the family.. and so he wrote to me, called me, came to Miri even.. brought Edith along when I went to see him for the first time, and eventually when he came for the second time, he told me that he likes me and I was like EEEWWWW.. because he's so much older than I am and it never crossed my mind that all these efforts.. were done to win my heart. Of course, knowing me.. and being me, I didn't tell him directly that I dont feel the same towards him.. but the word got to him say a few months later.. I wrote to him, saying that he's more like a brother to me, and he's too old for me.. (lame excuse I know). Why did I say no? Well.. he's old.. and I am not impressed with the way he tries to win my heart. Just not my type I'd say.. All these happened during the Summer hols.. dont have specific dates..
What else happened? Julian's dad passed away in a chopper crash somewhere in between Bario and Ba Kalalan.. that happened in July! The whole month was spent on reading the news and praying, hoping that they will survive the crash.. Also in the helicopter were Padawan Municipal Council chairman Lawrence Th’ng, Sarawak Electricity Supply Corporation (Sesco) chief executive officer Roger Wong Hwa Puang, contractor Datuk Marcus Raja and Sesco engineers Jason Ng and Ling Tian Ho.. ALL didn't make it.. was a very sad month for me.. I really missed Dr. Judson Tagal.. he was a good man and doctor.. a great man I'd say.. a man with a heart of an angel.. always putting others before him.. tending their needs. I want to be like him.. my role model..
That's Uncle Judson/Dr Judson... next, the Lord took another important man from me, the late Uncle Joe. I got to know Uncle Joe a little bit better when I joined the English Cathedral choir in 1995, and since then, he had been the one who encouraged me to know the Lord more. He taught me how to sing properly... 'talked' me into joining lots of other church activities such as Prayer Meeting, LSS, CYA etc etc and I spent most of my time with him.. and his family of course.. Auntie Joyce is still a lovely and very motherly lady.. and his daugthers.. spent more time with Jacq though.. not that close to Jessamine. Then, I left for Banting, next to Ireland and we didnt get to spend much time together.. but he had been faithful to Him.. doing His work.. proclaiming His Word... and he was the Director of Human Life Service.. now my dad is taking care of that.. overall, he was a good man.. and I missed him so much.. and Adrian reminds me of him..so much!
So that's summer.. I met Vimal, Crystal, Jagjit, Drina.. Jagjit's aunt? passed away in an accident so our plans had to be changed but we managed to meet still.. people change.. and they too, they changed.. hopefully for the better. No major changes that I need to include in here I'd say. Everyone is still single at the point of time, including Vimal.
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment