Sunday, March 12, 2006
May the 30th, 2004
Let me see.. I didn't get to sleep till about 5.30 am that morning.. as I was still trying my best to finish most of the packing on Saturday.. and that went on and on.. till very late. So.. back to Sunday, I woke up at 10.30 am.. Fla made some noise..but I am not so sure what it was. So.. I continued packing the stationeries.. went to church at 12.10 pm.. almost missed the mass.. praise God I didnt.. back to the house... ate chicken wings outside the house..with NN and Fla.. they had sandwiches.. back to cleaning the house.. cleaned the kitchen... then called Brian.. Landlord.. but I didnt manage to get hold of him.
He called back.."Hello..Brian here"
"Hi Brian, this is Mel speaking. I was just wondering when will u be coming over to help us move our stuff to the new house.."
"Right.. actually I am still in Cork.. but my friends will be at the house to pass the keys to you and the rest. You can use 3 of the rooms except for the smallest room and the attic"
"Does that mean that you wont be able to help us move?"
"I am afraid I can't.. I am still in Cork. Have something to do here. I can't do much from here."
"But we have lots of stuff to bring over and you promised.."
"Hmm...let me see if I can get my friends to help you. One of the lads has a van. He might be able to help. Will call you back in 10 mins time"
So.. I informed the girls.. and all of them were mad at him... because he should be the one to call us.. and he should have told us earlier that he wont be around so that we can get a moving truck. A few mins later.. prob 15 mins, he called back and said that his friends will be able to help us bring the study table etc to the new house but he needs one of us to show them the way to our old house.
So.. at 7.00 pm, 3 of them came.. with a van and a car..and they helped us carry everything over.. was kind and nice of them. One of them is cute though ;) Altogether, they had to make 7 trips.. and they asked how long have we been staying in that old house.. terkezut kot with the amount of things that we have.
That night.. continue cleaning the old house.. took shower and we went to Mazzie's house to get some past year Qs and Fla wanted to discuss abt their bus trip to Dub Airport the following morning. Stayed there for a while.. (bear in mind..we have not had our dinner yet) Went to Turkish Kebab shop..ate Doner Kebab.. went back to the old house.. and then.. to the new house which is uphill..and at the furthest point in Gleann Dara.
Masuk Rumah.. aiseh..the house stinked.. bau lelaki.. and then.. no microwave.. washing machine handle is broken.. old electric cooker, no TV, DVD, VCR, no bulb.. my toilet room no lights.. the duvet provided was VERY dirty.. the room is not fully painted and my room stinks..and is still very smelly. The toilet upstairs are dirty..probably because the old tenant does not know how to clean the toilet or they just couldnt be bothered to clean the toilet.. air kemeh here and there.. so yuckie..and Fla refused to use the toilet at first and she kept on asking me if she should take shower as she's leaving the next day..and I told her.. yes, you should :-)
I managed to take out my own pillow and duvet.. sleeping on double bed, which means I need to get new bed sheet for that bed.. I am not changing or getting a new duvet.. but I might need to buy a few pillows..
He called back.."Hello..Brian here"
"Hi Brian, this is Mel speaking. I was just wondering when will u be coming over to help us move our stuff to the new house.."
"Right.. actually I am still in Cork.. but my friends will be at the house to pass the keys to you and the rest. You can use 3 of the rooms except for the smallest room and the attic"
"Does that mean that you wont be able to help us move?"
"I am afraid I can't.. I am still in Cork. Have something to do here. I can't do much from here."
"But we have lots of stuff to bring over and you promised.."
"Hmm...let me see if I can get my friends to help you. One of the lads has a van. He might be able to help. Will call you back in 10 mins time"
So.. I informed the girls.. and all of them were mad at him... because he should be the one to call us.. and he should have told us earlier that he wont be around so that we can get a moving truck. A few mins later.. prob 15 mins, he called back and said that his friends will be able to help us bring the study table etc to the new house but he needs one of us to show them the way to our old house.
So.. at 7.00 pm, 3 of them came.. with a van and a car..and they helped us carry everything over.. was kind and nice of them. One of them is cute though ;) Altogether, they had to make 7 trips.. and they asked how long have we been staying in that old house.. terkezut kot with the amount of things that we have.
That night.. continue cleaning the old house.. took shower and we went to Mazzie's house to get some past year Qs and Fla wanted to discuss abt their bus trip to Dub Airport the following morning. Stayed there for a while.. (bear in mind..we have not had our dinner yet) Went to Turkish Kebab shop..ate Doner Kebab.. went back to the old house.. and then.. to the new house which is uphill..and at the furthest point in Gleann Dara.
Masuk Rumah.. aiseh..the house stinked.. bau lelaki.. and then.. no microwave.. washing machine handle is broken.. old electric cooker, no TV, DVD, VCR, no bulb.. my toilet room no lights.. the duvet provided was VERY dirty.. the room is not fully painted and my room stinks..and is still very smelly. The toilet upstairs are dirty..probably because the old tenant does not know how to clean the toilet or they just couldnt be bothered to clean the toilet.. air kemeh here and there.. so yuckie..and Fla refused to use the toilet at first and she kept on asking me if she should take shower as she's leaving the next day..and I told her.. yes, you should :-)
I managed to take out my own pillow and duvet.. sleeping on double bed, which means I need to get new bed sheet for that bed.. I am not changing or getting a new duvet.. but I might need to buy a few pillows..
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment