Sunday, September 09, 2007

Other experiences in Ballinasloe

Ok.. enough about work.. what about those new people I met in Ballinasloe..

From left to right:

Minesh, Annette, Katja, Me, Boon Loong (housemate)

I was offered by HSE to work in Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe and thankfully I know May (Marilyn-my old housemate and Naning-another friend) who happened to be working in the same hospital too. I did not have to worry about looking for an accomodation because there would be 3 empty rooms later in that same house, also know as Martin Cannon's house, a place about 20 mins walk from the hospital. Room rent-235 euro-ensuite, huge room with walk in closet. Cheap rent, nice house so why not right?

I went there with May-she had to show me the place a few days before new year and before my friends from Rome come over to visit me.. saw the place, loved it, took it, moved in and thats about it.. I was supposed to be on call on New Year's Day (just because I am from Galway and the rest are from Dublin) so I had to be there early.. the first person I met was Tan Boon Loong, a Trinity graduate-I have never met such a friendly, talkative Chinese who can speak and swear in Malay.. haha.. he's totally nice and handy... also helpful..

Next.. would be Harliana.. God sent angel to me.. so friendly, nice, cheerful, talkative.. a UCD graduate-from Klang.. hehe.. even though I only get to be with her for three short months, it was as if I have known her all my life. We got on so well and still in contact with each other. I visited her-she is currently working in Dundalk till end of year before leaving Ireland for good. There is so much to say about Lyana.. but I'd rather keep all that to myself..plus there would be things that's beyond description.. but to all of us, she is definitely a great cook.

From Left to Right:

Grace (housemate), May (housemate), Minesh, John, Bernadette (Housemate), Shih Chak

Then..Boon Loong and Lyana had to leave us and Grace and Bernadette came to take their rooms. Both.. Trinity graduates.. very friendly and helpful but unfortunately we hardly spend time at home.. usually, we would go out to eat and have a drink... a different social life altogether..So thats them.. but who is the rest...

Some of them are not in the pics.. Angeline, Dennis Woodhouse, Sweetlana (not exactly how it is spelled though) and those in the pic.. Minesh, John and Chak.. would be the few others I met in Portiuncula Hospital.. great friends.. and those people I would hang out with.. those people who would actually help me out when I am in need of help.. thats how close we were in that small hospital.. not to mention my Regs.. Mustafa, Khalid (nice soft spoken person), Mujtaba (excellent Cardiologist), Paul (our sPR) and 2 more.. couldnt recall their name at this point of time..

So basically thats about it.. wonderful memories.. all in Portiuncula.. and Ballinasloe.. our favourtite outing town-Athlone.. hehe..

 
posted by Mel at 8:18 AM, |

0 Comments: