Medicine Written Paper Yesterday
Anyway, I finally slept at 0400 hours I think.. and woke up at 0645 hours... and I reminded myself to read on Prof's tutorial notes.. saw the hyperthyroidism notes lying.. but I didnt bother to have a look at it... I saw the Renal transplant sticky notes, I didnt bother to have a glance at that one too.. I said to myself.. "later will read during breaks".. Saw osteoporosis notes.. "oh that came out last year.. no need to go through that again.." Oh yeah.. I reminded myself to read pericarditis..which I did 10 mins before exam.. what else? Read on acute management of MI.. this morning.. and told myself to do Dementia..but didnt get the chance too.. all instinct k...
Days ago.. reminded myself to read skin infection.. but I didnt get to do that..or rather was too overwhelmed by the amount of info I need to know.. duh.. Bullous disease and psoriasis were such a disaster..
Exam paper.. Taa Daaa.. We all love PRof O BriEn.. Tips.. were ExCeLLeNT.. couldnt ask for more you know..
- Hypoglycaemia came out.. Great!
- Hyperthyroidism..wasnt too great but ok lah..
- PUD, Hiatus hernia and Gall Stones-lovely
- Acute management of MI, PDA, Pericardial effusion
- Drugs for treatment of Alzheimer, Acute management of stroke, faecal and urinary incontinence..
Not too bad I thought.
Went for lunch with Yani and Wan.. eating happily.. and I totally forgot about my renal transplant..and skin infection.. read on something else.. Migraine...
Second paper... SO SAD la.. cos
- Dr. Steven's Qs:PrOctitis(Inflammation of the rectum) and I saw that as PRosTitis (Inflammation of the Prostate) - someone who doesnt do medicine also can tell where's where..; Folate Deficiency-so kantoi for this one..hate haemato; Osteoporosis..WHAT??
- Respiratory Q: You need to give your own differentials and findings based on history-which was very vague
- Skin Qs: Impetigo, Herpes Zoster, Atopic Dermatitis (kantoi), Skin manifestation of systemic disease
- Renal Qs: Chronic Renal Failure and RENAL TRANSPLANT...
- Rheumato Qs: Seroneg Probs
- CNS Qs: PCA, MG and Cerebellar Ataxia..that's what I thought la..
Overall: Second paper.. not happy.. in fact, SAD.. first paper was ok..
I was falling asleep in the exam hall.. half of the time trying to stay awake.. and I dont know how I manage to write for every single Qs except the ProCTITIS part..which I salah baca!! SO SAD LA.. I could definitely write something better for Proctitis than Prostitis.. Proctitis is THE feature of UC.. Ulcerative Colitis.. anyway..it's over.. but I know.. God was guiding me through.. cos wheN I saw the Qs.. I was like.."God.. just help me.. keep me awake.. and I need your guidance and your Wisdom too"
So like dat la..went home.. walked home alone..just dont feel like talking to anyone..saw Anne.. got to know her when I did my surgical attachment at Letterkenny GH.. talked to her for a while..and then went home.. trying to get some sleep and I still cant. Pretty sad.. but what to do.. and here I am again.. BLOGGING.. need to do some Qs now.. So.. till then...
ZzZzZzZz