Wednesday, April 26, 2006

EighT BeLoW-LovE It So MucH

I slept late this morning.. say around 3am.. was thinking about Rotator Cuff Muscles-S.I.T.S-what are they again? supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres major or minor huh? and subscapularis...and then another phrase hit me.. The latti between two majors... so that must be Teres minor..I mean Rotator cuff muscle.. Anyway.. why that Q.. My housemate asked me about that before..

So.. yeah.. last night. was trying to study as much as possible for Obs and Gynae.. another housemate came in asking how to study for exams.. as she has not covered some of the topics.. and actually was choosing topics.. why? hmm... dont know.. anyway.. I have to say that I am badly prepared for this exams.. as usual.. it's nothing new actually.. I dont know what happen to the well organised Imelda that I used to know.. I mean.. I was never this bad.. I always read beforehand... every single thing.. so that I have a rough idea of each topic.. before reading it again.. or rather revising.. specific ones.. I used to read from my lecture notes and read textbook at the same time.. just ONE textbook though.. but now?? Aiseh.. I can open my own medical book library.. I have almost every single book.. hmm.. why so kiasu? That's not the reason why I bought them.. I bought them because I thought they'd be good.. and then... eh.. ok nie.. and went back to read my textbook.. I lost my focus.. and rather.. now.. just dont know.. what to do next.. always.. which book to read from ah? Hmm.. if I read from here.... hmm.. what about that one? This book enough info or not? why all these Qs? Because I didnt read from the textbook.. what happen to me? Anyway.. its kind of late to regret that.. and.. I just hope for the best now..

So the paper was ok.. wasnt my best.. didnt spend equal time for each question.. wrote too much for the first Q: role of screening in obstetric and gynaecology.. waseh.. banyak nak tulis lah.. anyway.. it's over.. so.. after that.. I went to Eye Cinema.. to watch this..



Eight Below? Why Eight Below? Because:-

  1. The film is inspired by the events of a 1958 Japanese Antarctic Expedition, which also inspired the Japanese film "Nankyoku Monogatari"(1983) a.k.a. "Antarctica."
  2. Paul Walker is in it..
  3. There are EIGHT DoGs involved and I love dogs..
  4. Story line: Three members of a scientific expedition: Jerry Shepard (Paul Walker), his best friend, Cooper (Jason Biggs-American Pie), and a rugged American geologist (Bruce Greenwood), are forced to leave behind their team of beloved sled dogs due to a sudden accident and perilous weather conditions in Antarctica.. by Jerry's IDIOTIC boss.. who is just too selfish!
  5. Why I cried? The dogs are left to survive on their own for over 6 months in the harsh frozen wilderness.

This is the full sypnosis of the movie:

The fierce Antarctic winter is just setting in when an intrepid team of explorers and scientists on a research mission -- survival guide Jerry Shepard (Paul Walker), his best friend and cartographer Cooper (Jason Biggs) and the rugged geologist Davis (Bruce Greenwood) -- just narrowly escape a fatal accident, thanks to their steadfast team of eight skilled sled dogs.

Forced to evacuate, the men must leave the beloved dogs behind in the frozen wilds -- with a promise they will return. But when the storm of the century approaches, cutting off all means of travel, the dogs are stranded. Now, as the intelligent, courageous dogs -- including noble pack leader Maya, rambunctious rebel Shorty and rising young alpha-in-training Max -- fight to make it through the most unforgiving winter on the planet, the heartbroken Jerry is driven to mount a seemingly impossible rescue mission, aided by a beautiful and adventurous bush pilot, Katie (Moon Bloodgood).

Held together only by unwavering bonds of friendship, the humans and the dogs alike make a remarkable journey of grit, endurance and belief to find one another again in this spectacular but perilous land.

Movie trailer(s) here

Nice movie.. shows.. that dogs are truly man's best friend.. and will continue on to be so loyal.. Maya gave up on Jerry after being on her own for 6 months.. with the rest.. she gave the lead to Max.. a trainee dog... and he actually helped Jerry find Maya when he came back later to rescue them.. Unfortunately.. only 6 survived.. Old Jack and one of the Twins passed away.. Old Jack passed away because he refused to leave the base camp.. and One of the Twins broke his leg while jumping around..

This is Maya saving the geologist's life..she's the lead dog.. the smartest among all..

This is Max...


And this is the whole group... they're on their way to find the rock...


I am O-B-S-S-E-S-S-E-D with D-O-G-S. I must get this DVD though.. so that I can watch it again and again.. So.. thats it for now.. going to Ballinasloe tomorrow to see patients.. hopefully it will do us good..Till then.. (Konon tak nak blogging.. sigh..) CiaoZ

 
posted by Mel at 10:20 PM, |

0 Comments: