Issues about Being ImPerFecT
- I cant believe that new girl is such a bitch.. she's rude and self absorbed and she has BAD PR
- I think he/she is not a good student.. considering she doesnt even know the answer to that simple Qs
- I dont want to be friend her because she's poor, fat, ugly, not famous etc.
- She's not a nice person because she doesnt pray or go to church.. or because he is a transvestite
- She's a bad friend because she lied to me about her life, her achievements etc.
For this.. maybe.. just maybe that.. she doesnt feel comfortable telling someone about her life.. or her brilliant achievement(s).. and why not? Maybe she had issues before with that.. Issues that you never knew about.. because she needs to get to know you a little bit better before she feels comfortable enough to reveal what's on her mind.. We often forget that not everyone is the same.. and we cant expect another person to think/feel/act like us..
- She's a bad friend because she doesnt want to listen to me telling her all my problems..
Friendship is all about learning how to give.. and to receive.. and also.. most importantly.. to respect each other.. when a friend cant be there for you.. does not mean.. he/she is a bad friend.. I mean.. you need to be realistic about this..she/he needs her own space too.. time for themselves.. to reflect on their life.. and also time to spend with their own family and other friends.. dont you think so?
- That girl is a selfish bitch because all she thinks about is herself..
And if I hear this line.. I can definitely tell that the person who says that just assume so.. sometimes.. people love talking about themselves without even realising it.. I have to admit that this can be annoying but you cannot blame the person for doing that.. not entirely.. And somebody who does this also shows that they truly appreciate themselves, right?
- I hate her because she's using me.. and I feel used.
This is the line that often crosses my mind.. I feel that I am being used when I am too nice to someone.. and because of that... I refuse to be too nice.. is this right? Of course NOT! People come to me because I tend to have everything.. or know almost everything.. be it exam venue, exam tips, past years exam Qs, good patients, good books, extra notes online.. and I am quite well-organised person
And the list go on and on..
First Q, who are we to judge another God's children because by doing this, you are indirectly accusing God for being imperfect.. and that is not true.. We are perfect already in His eyes.. To Him it doesnt matter if you are fat or ugly.. if you too thin or not smart.. He loves you just the same.. Some may be cursing God for being too short.. or too tall.. and others.. blaming God because they are balding or having too much hair.. Some may feel that they are not as fortunate or as lucky as their friends are.. and they blame God for not giving them the brain..
The problem is.. we lack the "I-am-so-grateful-with-what-I-have" attitude.. Usually we are not that satisfied with what we already have.. we take for granted what is within our reach or those people around us.. be it friends.. but usually family members.... and it is only when we are at the verge of losing them that we realised.. "hey.. I should have done this and that with them..." I experienced this TWICE..
So what can we do about this?
Physical appearance: There is nothing you can do about your height.. but there is something you can do about your weight... The key to this is to live a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle
Attitude: You need to realise.. no one is perfect.. and instead of trying to change another person.. perhaps you can spend that energy in trying to figure out..why they behave that way.. so that.. you can understand them better.. and who knows.. eventually they would behave or practice a more acceptable attitude.. you need to give people room for improvement.. your role as a friend is to support them.. NOT to condemn them!
To be honest I feel upset.. about this.. and I am sick of this.. I am sick of myself for behaving that way at times.. I am sick of hearing these remarks/complaints from those around me.. But.. back to the issue.. no one is perfect right?.. and we often make mistakes.. but hopefully we will learn from our own mistake(s) and repent not to repeat them again..
2 Comments:
ur blog abt "issues abt bein imperfect" is a very thought provoking.. well we as human tend to follow our feelings too much mel.. i mean say for instance when eg: when we find out our good friend lied to us all this time abt loads of things. first thing we will get is be upset.. angry.. betrayed.. but if start using our brains more rather than feelings we will actually sit and think why didnt she tell u the truth? they mite be a reason behind it.. well in this life we meet loads of different type of people.. so i guess its more of a place where we have to learn how to compromise .. but compromising also alwiz have its limit..
