Saturday, May 06, 2006
After so long no Blogging...
Hmm... it has been a while since I wrote something in this blog of mine.. Dont really know what to write though.. Exams.. ngai.. very draining and scary... The first was medicine.. hmm.. I had 5 days to prepare myself for that.. and yet I was still not ready.. but there was no sense of panicking at all...
Day 1: I was thinking of doing haematology-which I hated most.. and I only managed to cover anaemia..
Day 2: I went to Ballinasloe with Annie..
Day 3: Intensive discussion with Annie... and we were practicing on each other as well
Day 4: I realised time is ticking away.. Annie was panicking.. and we covered electrolytes and emergencies together.. what else? Hmm.. ECG.. and I did examination on KJ.. Speech and GI.. also Respiratory and he was correcting me.. and reminding me half of the time.. It shows I was really nervous then for no obvious reason.. I mean.. I have one more day..
Day 5: I was still panicking.. and even right now.. recalling those moments make me get dry mouth and palpitations..I was trying to read what I haven't really covered.. yeah.. I haven't finished reading Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine.. not even now. That shows how prepared I was for my written and clinical exams..
Exam day.. The Worst Day of My Life so far..I got Prof O Brien and Dr. Daly for my short cases- I didnt have a good start though.. I was giving such a ridiculous differentials.. they were giving me the disgusted look.. even Prof told me to thank my patient.. I guess it was obvious that I was very nervous but that's not a good excuse for not thanking my patient right. I was having hyperhidrosis all the time.. sweating all the way... geez.. worst moment of my life..
Then I had Dr Dinneen and Dr Nash for my long case.. I had to be with the patient for 1 hour 30 mins.. He's a nice 87 year old man.. who was in for an elective admission.. but then.. aiseh gatal mak oi.. sempat sentuh sana sini lagi tu.. rasa nak tampar jer.. tapi kesian la plaks.. pakcik ada AF.. Presentation went well but I didnt get the raised JVP and TR.. aiseh.. two most important findings and both of them tried to help me.. but I just didnt get the point.. stupid right.. but I think I did change my summary afterwards.. with God's wisdom..which I refuse to listen to earlier on..degil!
Then.. orals.. I was asked on Complete Heart Block and Multiple Myeloma by Dr Stevens and Dr O Donnellan.. that was ok.. except a few Qs that I cannot answer la.. but overall oral was ok nia.. not Great..
In conclusion.. Medicine clinics.. BAD.. very bad... I wish I could have done better.. if the stupid self of me didnt overpower me that day.. I would have.. but what to do.. nasi sudah menjadi bubur.. there is nothing I can do about it now.. I have done my best at that point of time.. and all I can do now is to just pray hard and I hope to pass my Medicine loh.. so sad.. just like that... redha la katakan..
Then.. next Obs and Gynae.. nie lagi scary... Prof is so well known for failing students.. so many seniors in the past sangkut Medicine because of Obs and Gynae.. and if you fail once.. it is more likely that you'll fail again and again.. maybe 4-5 times. So memang la takut.. I was complaining to my housemates.. and my friends about how scared I was.. never felt that way before.. I feel like dying... started feeling that way in the morning.. and that feeling kind of settled down at night.. prayed whole day.. every now and then..
SO.. Today.. had my Clinics.. God provides.. I got Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding.. my research case.. my favourite topic.. so apa lagi..ok la.. except a few sangkut here and there... I got Dr Moylette and Dr Gaffney..she's so sweet though.. and very nice.. I was asked on how striae was formed.. geez.. and then, I got 2 consultants.. from peripheral hospital.. one from Castlebar.. German doc.. good looking.. and another from Ballinasloe.. nice la but I think I did better for my long case.. could answer most Qs.. but overall.. my Obs clinics was not as bad as my medicine.. I hope I can pass this one too..
Lesson learnt from experience..
- I slept less for Obs.. and I pray more too.. so I guess.. that works..
- Stay calm.. you'll be fine.. and also..
- Not to revise at the very last minute.. do as much as you can and dont skip topics..
- Stay calm..
Thats all.. I hope it'll be ok but I am a bit stressed put at the moment so may be going out tomorrow for a movie.. see how.. anyway.. tat's all for now.. zzZZzz
0 Comments:
« back home | Post a Comment